Crime & Safety
3 Army Reserve Vehicles Traveling In Convoy Crash On I-355: State Police
The incidents happened Monday morning on southbound I-355, south of 159th Street.
WILL COUNTY — Army Reserve vehicles traveling in a convoy were involved in two separate crashes on I-355, Illinois State Police said.
State police previously said the vehicles were with the National Guard; they have since corrected that statement.
State police were called at 10:41 a.m. Monday to I-355 southbound, south of 159th Street, for a report of two crashes involving Army Reserve vehicles, state police said.
Find out what's happening in New Lenoxfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
A preliminary investigation indicated that a vehicle traveling in the convoy lost control and swerved into the right ditch, state police said. A second crash occurred when another vehicle was unable to slow in time to avoid the first crash.
At least three vehicles were involved in the chain-reaction crash, state police said.
Find out what's happening in New Lenoxfor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Three people were taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.