Crime & Safety
Mercer Homicide Fugitive Nabbed In California, Charged In Second Killing
Alfonso Inestroza, wanted in the 2025 killing of a Trenton man, was arrested in California and charged in the shooting death of a woman.

MERCER COUNTY, NJ — A Honduran man wanted in connection with a Trenton homicide was arrested in California earlier this month and charged in the shooting death of a 24-year-old mother in what investigators describe as a premeditated ambush.
Alfonso Inestroza, 31, also known as Franquin Inestroza-Martinez, was taken into custody on March 5 in Hollister, Calif., by Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety officers and multiple law enforcement partners. He was booked into the Santa Clara County Jail on murder charges, authorities said.
In New Jersey, he has been charged in the death of Esteban Vicente Sacalxot.
Find out what's happening in Lawrencevillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Around 9:30 p.m. on March 17, 2025, Trenton police responded to a call from the 300 block of Dayton Street and found Sacalxot, 55, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the torso.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators identified Inestroza as the suspect and warrants were issued. By May 2025, the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office issued a public appeal to locate him.
Find out what's happening in Lawrencevillefor free with the latest updates from Patch.
"Inestroza is known to carry handguns and should be considered armed and dangerous," authorities said at the time.
The second case stems from the Jan. 7 shooting death of Kembery Chirinos-Flores, 24, of Mountain View, Calif. Investigators believe the killing occurred during a custody exchange gone wrong. Chirinos-Flores had a child with co-defendant Gerzon Chirinos-Munguia, who authorities allege orchestrated the attack.
Inestroza is accused of carrying it out. A shotgun believed to be the murder weapon was recovered. Chirinos-Flores is survived by her 5-year-old son.
Inestroza evaded the Mercer County Homicide Task Force and U.S. Marshals for nearly a year before resurfacing roughly 3,000 miles away in Hollister.
Sunnyvale's public safety chief said a SWAT team made the arrest "because he's already wanted out in New Jersey for a homicide, so we were concerned for our safety."
The prosecutor's office confirmed that Inestroza was nabbed in California.
The investigation remains active and ongoing. Inestroza remains in custody in Santa Clara, California.
Have a correction or news tip? Email sarah.salvadore@patch.com
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.