Crime & Safety
Driver Arrested For Vehicular Manslaughter In Fatal Bay Area Crash: Police
Police say the suspect failed to "exercise due care for a pedestrian," while driving.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA — A driver involved in a fatal crash in San Francisco last month was arrested Monday on suspicion of vehicular manslaughter, police said.
It's unclear exactly how the crash happened. Police said the suspect, 50-year-old San Francisco resident Isaac Bowler, was driving in the 200 block of Sixth Street around 4 a.m. on July 14, when he crashed into a pedestrian.
The pedestrian was taken to a local hospital, where they died from their injuries, police said. Police did not disclose the pedestrian's identity.
Find out what's happening in San Franciscofor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Bowler, meanwhile, remained at the scene and cooperated with the investigation, police said.
Police say investigators developed enough probable cause to arrest Bowler in connection with the fatal crash, accusing him of failing to "exercise due care for a pedestrian."
Find out what's happening in San Franciscofor free with the latest updates from Patch.
Bowler is also accused of "failure to provide proof of insurance," police said.
The case remains under investigation, police said. The SFPD asks that anyone with more information contact the department at 415-575-4444.
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.