Crime & Safety

Investigation Leads To Burglary Charge Against Homeless Thief In Concord; Perp Fails To Appear In Court

Timothy Casey was accused of burglarizing a South End home in March. He failed to appear on this charge and several others, court docs say.

Timothy Casey has been arrested several times in half a dozen New Hampshire communities during the past five years. He now faces a burglary charge.
Timothy Casey has been arrested several times in half a dozen New Hampshire communities during the past five years. He now faces a burglary charge. (Concord Police Department)

CONCORD, NH — A convicted thief, with several active cases, including burglary after an incident in late March in the South End, is wanted for failing to appear in court for several hearings earlier this month.

A warrant was issued for the arrest of Timothy Charles Casey, 27, a homeless man now in Concord, on May 14 after he failed to appear in active cases in Merrimack County Superior Court.

The most recent case involved a burglary on South Spring Street on March 22.

Find out what's happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

A detective was sent to the South End home after a resident reported someone had tampered with the locks of a home they were renovating, and copper pipes were cut off in the basement. The cut piping caused a flood in the basement. The complainant said the pipe had a valve in the closed position but surmised it had been cut in two places, which led to the flooding. The detective said there were several inches of standing water in the basement, with a pump draining it, a report stated.

The homeowner “expressed concern” since he had contacted the police “multiple times recently about suspicious individuals being on the property,” the detective wrote. A check found two previous reports in March after security cameras picked up a man in the driveway of the home, and the homeowner saw two people walking around the home during the evening hours, the report stated.

Find out what's happening in Concordfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Also Read

The homeowner also directed the detective to evidence a door had been pried open near the lockset.

Security cameras also captured a person at around 12:30 a.m. that morning, gaining access to the home.

The detective circulated the photos with other police personnel, in an effort to identify the suspect, and one officer said the suspect was Casey, who was also a suspect in two other burglaries, on March 17 and March 18, on South Main Street, including a downtown restaurant where 130 linear feet of copper pipes and valves were stolen, according to an affidavit.

“It is of note,” the detective wrote, “that on the morning of March 18, an individual named Timothy Casey was located inside the Storrs Street parking garage (in very close proximity to [the restaurant] with a large quantity of copper piping.”

The report estimated the copper piping at about 130 linear feet, and Casey was also seen on the garage surveillance footage carrying the piping. He also reportedly used a family member’s Hyundai based in Pembroke, according to two other officers.

Editor’s note: This post was derived from information supplied by the Concord Police Department and does not indicate a conviction. This link explains how to request the removal of a name from New Hampshire Patch police reports.

A BOLO (be-on-the-lookout) alert was issued for Casey’s arrest and the vehicle.

The detective also went to Pembroke to check for Casey and the vehicle and found it idling outside of the complex where the relative lived, the report stated. After speaking with a family member, who initially said Casey was in Concord, the family member admitted he was inside their home, the affidavit said.

“(The family member) advised that just prior to my arrival,” the detective wrote, “(they) had picked Timothy up at the Homeless Resource Center in Concord and brought him to (their) house.”

Two Concord officers and a Pembroke officer knocked on the door and requested he exit the home, which he did, a report stated. When asked where he was the previous night, Casey said, sleeping underneath the Interstate 393 bridge, the detective wrote. When told there was video of him burglarizing a home on South Spring Street, “Timothy shrugged his shoulders,” a report stated, and requested a lawyer.

A search warrant was requested for the family member’s home. While doing so, the detective noted, the homeowner from the South End reported finding burglary tools in their basement, which were previously underwater, that did not belong to them, the report said.

After a search warrant was approved and the home check, the detective said burglary tools and evidence of copper theft were found at the Pembroke home. The detective also stated Casey was wearing the same clothes as the suspect in the burglary video, the report said.

The cost to repair the damage at the South Spring Street home was estimated to be $1,540.

Casey’s Priors

Casey has racked up several criminal charges during the past five years, according to court records.

In April 2021, he was charged with drug possession in Meredith and New Hampton. In September 2021, the Meredith charge was dismissed without prejudice. In June 2022, Casey agreed to a plea on the New Hampton charge, which led to a conditional nolle pross of the charge.

Casey was charged with criminal threatening, simple assault, carrying or selling weapons, and criminal mischief after an incident in Concord in September 2022. After being indicted and having his bail revoked, he agreed to a plea on the assault, mischief, and threat charges. Casey received three 12-month jail sentences, with two of them suspended for two years. One was suspended for three months after he served four days in jail.

In August 2024, Casey was accused of controlled premises where drugs are kept in Concord. He pleaded guilty to one count in March 2025 and received a 12-month jail sentence and $620 fine, both suspended for three years.

More charges occurred in 2024 and 2025: Casey was accused of drug possession in Nashua in December 2024, a case that was supposed to be resolved at a plea and sentencing hearing on April 22, but information was not available at the time of publication. Two other cases were nolle prossed as part of the same April 22 plea deal: two drug possession counts out of Nashua in December 2024, and theft, a felony due to two prior convictions, and falsifying physical evidence, out of Hudson, from April 2025. A second falsifying physical evidence charge from April 2025 in Hudson remains active, with a show-cause hearing held on May 12.

Casey was also accused of drug possession in Concord in August 2025. That case, too, is still open. After Casey failed to appear at a status conference on May 7, a warrant was issued for his arrest a week later.

Casey also has three other active cases in Merrimack County Superior Court from 2026: A felony receiving stolen property-$1,501-plus charge out of Concord from March 18, a burglary charge from March 22, and drug possession and breach of bail charges from April 11. He failed to appear in court at a dispositional conference hearing on May 7, and warrants were issued for his arrest on May 14.

Other charges against Casey during the past five years also include breach of bail, criminal mischief, criminal trespass, domestic violence-stalking, loitering and prowling, stalking, theft, willful concealment, and warrants.

Do you have a news tip? Email it to tony.schinella@patch.com. View videos on Tony Schinella's YouTube or Rumble channels. Patch in New Hampshire is now in 217 communities — and expanding every day. Also, follow Patch on Google Discover.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.