Crime & Safety

Spring Valley Face Slashing Attack Leads To 5 Arrests: PD

The victim suffered a deep facial laceration, according to police.

SPRING VALLEY, NY — Five people are facing charges following a slashing attack last week that left one victim with a deep facial wound, according to police.

Detective Sgt. Randy DiPaolo said the attack happened May 14 around 2:05 a.m. at 29 South Main St.

The victim told officers the injury happened during an assault by multiple people, who all fled the scene before police arrived.

Find out what's happening in New Cityfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Emergency personnel took the victim to Westchester Medical Center for treatment.

Following an investigation, police arrested Kevin Cardona, 31, of Nanuet; and four other individuals with no permanent address, including Alexander Salazar-Rosa, 24; Manuel Vargas-Casum, 22; Keny Aragon-Segura, 25; and Rodbin Garcia-Medina, 20.

Find out what's happening in New Cityfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

Each is charged with first-degree gang assault, first-degree assault, first-degree robbery, and second-degree robbery.

All five were arraigned and remanded to the Rockland County Jail pending further court proceedings, police said.

The Spring Valley Police Department is asking anyone with information to contact them at 845-356-7400 or via email at tips@villagespringvalley.org.

Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.